15 Questions to Ask your Doctor or Skin Care Professional
Originally posted in the The Golden Rule of Skin Care: New Year New You post.
(Print this list and keep it in your purse)
- Tell me everything you know, and have experienced with this treatment/procedure.
- Are you certified by any licensing agency, professional organization, or educational institution to perform the treatments/procedures we are discussing?
- Were you specifically trained in the field of (fill in the blank)?
- Am I a good candidate for this treatment/procedure, and why?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results? What will I need to do after the procedure to maintain the results?
- Who will perform the procedure?
- Have they been specifically trained in this procedure? May I see proof of training?
- How many times have you done this treatment/procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure or treatment?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect?
- What are the risks and possible complications associated with my procedure? Please be specific and detailed.
- How can I expect to look over time?
- Do you have “after” photos I can look at for this procedure?*
- What results are reasonable for me?
- How much will this treatment cost in total (include procedure, medications, products, etc).